Saurus 2.5 (free update)
The update to v2.5 is a major update, which is available for free for all Saurus2 users.
Saurus 2.5 is downward compatible with all previous versions. All existing song projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary. They will benefit from the enhanced sound quality.
- Drag & Drop modulation: Drag an envelope or lfo and drop it to a knob to modulate it
- Midi learn support: Right-click on a knob to assign or remove a CC
- Right-click on a knob opens a menu where you can assign a massive amount of modulation sources
- Hovering the mouse over a knob shows a box with information
- Modulation depth control on top left of a knob if a source is assigned
- Sectors on knobs show the modulation amount
- A red sector is shown when clipping of modulation occurs
- File->'Show version info' shows the version number of Saurus
- Right-click on a knob and 'reset' resets a knob to the default value
- File->'reset midi learn' removes all CC assignments
- File->'Clean matrix' cleans up the mod matrix and resets unused slots
- Right-click on a knob and 'remove modulation' removes all assigned mod sources
- Tooltips are shown when the mouse is hovered over a button
- More beautiful background skin
- Enhanced sound of the Reverb: Less detuned sound and more beautiful early reflections
- Enhanced sound of the PingPong delay: Added a lowCut filter
- Enhanced sound of the Delay: No more detuning and a more wide sound
- Enhanced sound of microtuning
- Better sound quality: New high-end resampling algorithm
- More bass and warmer sound
- More linear frequency response in 'linear mode'
- Faster Volume Envelope for more punch
- Saurus v2.5 'fits better to the mix'
- New knobs with enhanced performance
- Parameters are more easy to adjust
- Patch rankings are now stored as .rnk files within Saurus_sounds
- Fat Unison is more easy to setup
- More 'bottom' if a new patch is initialized
- Texts are more easy to read
- Activation dialogue is now also available in German language
- Faster loading of 32bit PC version
- More robustness
- Faster patch loading
- Lower CPU on Mac
- Better compatibility with Fruity Loops
- Matrix source 'random' did not work in legato mode
- It is not longer possible to click on the VU diodes
- Fixed a very unlikely but possible crash
- Enhanced sound quality because the synthesis engine has been completely reworked
- Over 260 additonal patches
- Completely reworked all existing factory patches
- Added a comfortable patch browser
- Much more detailed emulation of the 'analog' sound. The degree of analog behaviour is now selectable.
- Enhanced graphics
- More comfortable user interface
- A huge number of further new features and enhancements
- Saurus2 is 100% downward compatible with all previous versions
- Added a comfortable patch browser with a keyboard which can be opened by clicking 'BROWSE'
- Added a 'Config' menu which allows to set the degree of analog behaviour
- Additional LowCut equalizer
- Additional HighCut equalizer
- Added a new play mode 'Stack' which plays the autochord defined in 'Arp Key Mode'
- 14 additional 'Sine' LFOs as matrix source
- 4 additonal chord modes which play thirds for the arpeggiator
- The patches can be ranked by clicking on the stars in the patchbrowser
- Keyboard can be hidden with 'Config->hide keyboard'
- The degree of analog noise modeling can be selected between 'none' and 'extreme'
- The degree of analog drift can be selected between 'light' and 'extreme'
- Added a smart microtuning algorithm. 'Fat tune' delivers more harmonic and transparent chords.
- The degree of analog saturation can be selected between 'linear' and 'extreme'
- The degree of analog OSCs damping can be selected between 'light damp' and 'heavy'
- An analog sounding default patch can be initialized with 'File->Init analog patch'
- A digital sounding default patch can be initialized with 'File->Init digital patch'
- Modwheel and pitchwheel are auto-assigned on patch initialisation
- The OSCs and filters can emulate the noise created by analog circuits
- The OSCs can emulate the saturation of analog amplifliers
- The voices and filters can emulate drift and voice detuning
- Replaced oscillators with more 'analog' sounding ones
- Boost mode sounds more 'analog' and smooth
- Replaced Reverb with a better sounding algorithm
- More accurate high frequencies of 'Delay' and 'PingPong' effect
- More 'analog' behaviour of 'drift'
Enhanced GUI & interface:
- Information about the current patch is shown in 'info' tab of the patch browser
- Rendering with ambient occlusion for a more realistic look
- More comfortable saving of patches on PC
- LCD displays have more contrast and are more easy to read
- Keyboard is now animated
- Added mouseover support: Parameter values are displayed when mouse is hovered over them
- Mousewheel support (if host supports it)
- Mac version now also supports waveform selection by clicking on diodes
- Better host compatibility
- More robustness
- More comfortable installer