Saurus 2.6 (free update)
The update to v2.6 is available for free for all Saurus users. Saurus 2.6 is downward-compatible with all previous versions. All existing song-projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary. They will benefit from the enhanced sound-quality.
- Tooltips and Drag&Drop info can be hidden in the config section
- Added Digital Signatures for the installers on PC
- Added Notarisation for the installers on Mac
- Support for Code-Signing on the Mac, since newer hosts may require it to be able to run plugins
- Compatibility with MacOS Catalina
- Completely new AudioUnit interface
- A double-click on a knob resets in to the default value (Mac)
- PC and Mac version are loading faster
- Chorus sounds smoother
- Delay and PingPong sound more harmonic
- Tube-distortion is more clear and supports oversampling
- Menus are bigger
- Check-marks in the list-selectors show the currently selected item
- Workaround for a well-known bug in Apple's AU-manager: It is not longer necessary to reboot the Mac to detect the plugin
- Better compatibility with Windows 10
- Several small enhancements in the GUI
- Slightly warmer sound
- Saurus.pdf and .cfg files are not longer stored in plugin-directory
- SaurusLog.txt is not longer created (Mac)
New features and enhancements (standalone-version for PC):
- Added a recorder that can export your jam-session to a wav-file
- The BPM-rate can be changed
- Added a soft-clipping-algorithm with low harmonic distortion
- The current patch can be saved on exit and is reloaded automatically on start
- MME-driver support
- Midi-through support with output-routing
- Added Midi-velocity-curves with multipoint-splines
- Optional Midi-transposition with up to +-48 semitones
- Optional Midi-channel-filtering
- The current BPM-rate, CPU-load and volume is shown on the top-panel
- Tooltips are shown on the top-panel
- Lower latency for the sound-card drivers
- More responsive GUI with 120 Hz refresh-rate for smooth knob movements
- Fixed a compatibility problem with some hosts where automation was not recorded correctly
- Fixed a possible crash on loading the GUI
- Cubase did display an incorrect plugin-version
- Fixed two rarely appearing crashes on FL Studio Mac
- Fixed a rarely appearing problem when envelope-parameters were not updated correctly
- Fixed a rarely appearing crash in Reaper when ESC was pressed while a tooltip was shown
- Fixed a problem where the demo could output garbage after the time has been running out
- Fixed a bug where low frequencies were missing in the left channel
- 32 bit on Mac is not longer supported. If you still use it, install Saurus 2.5 instead.
- MacOS 10.7 is the minimum requirement now. If you use 10.6 or 10.5, install Saurus 2.5 instead.
Saurus 2.5 (free update)
The update to v2.5 is a major update, which is available for free for all Saurus2 users.
Saurus 2.5 is downward-compatible with all previous versions. All existing song-projects and patches can be loaded without any further steps necessary. They will benefit from the enhanced sound quality.
- Drag & Drop modulation: Drag an envelope or lfo and drop it to a knob to modulate it
- Midi learn support: Right-click on a knob to assign or remove a CC
- Right-click on a knob opens a menu where you can assign a massive amount of modulation sources
- Hovering the mouse over a knob shows a box with information
- Modulation depth control on top left of a knob if a source is assigned
- Sectors on knobs show the modulation amount
- A red sector is shown when clipping of modulation occurs
- File->'Show version info' shows the version number of Saurus
- Right-click on a knob and 'reset' resets a knob to the default value
- File->'reset midi learn' removes all CC assignments
- File->'Clean matrix' cleans up the mod matrix and resets unused slots
- Right-click on a knob and 'remove modulation' removes all assigned mod sources
- Tooltips are shown when the mouse is hovered over a button
- More beautiful background skin
- Enhanced sound of the Reverb: Less detuned sound and more beautiful early reflections
- Enhanced sound of the PingPong delay: Added a lowCut filter
- Enhanced sound of the Delay: No more detuning and a more wide sound
- Enhanced sound of microtuning
- Better sound quality: New high-end resampling algorithm
- More bass and warmer sound
- More linear frequency response in 'linear mode'
- Faster Volume Envelope for more punch
- Saurus v2.5 'fits better to the mix'
- New knobs with enhanced performance
- Parameters are more easy to adjust
- Patch rankings are now stored as .rnk files within Saurus_sounds
- Fat Unison is more easy to setup
- More 'bottom' if a new patch is initialized
- Texts are more easy to read
- Activation dialogue is now also available in German language
- Faster loading of 32bit PC version
- More robustness
- Faster patch loading
- Lower CPU on Mac
- Better compatibility with Fruity Loops
- Matrix source 'random' did not work in legato mode
- It is not longer possible to click on the VU diodes
- Fixed a very unlikely but possible crash
- Enhanced sound quality because the synthesis engine has been completely reworked
- Over 260 additonal patches
- Completely reworked all existing factory patches
- Added a comfortable patch browser
- Much more detailed emulation of the 'analog' sound. The degree of analog behaviour is now selectable.
- Enhanced graphics
- More comfortable user interface
- A huge number of further new features and enhancements
- Saurus2 is 100% downward compatible with all previous versions
- Added a comfortable patch browser with a keyboard which can be opened by clicking 'BROWSE'
- Added a 'Config' menu which allows to set the degree of analog behaviour
- Additional LowCut equalizer
- Additional HighCut equalizer
- Added a new play mode 'Stack' which plays the autochord defined in 'Arp Key Mode'
- 14 additional 'Sine' LFOs as matrix source
- 4 additonal chord modes which play thirds for the arpeggiator
- The patches can be ranked by clicking on the stars in the patchbrowser
- Keyboard can be hidden with 'Config->hide keyboard'
- The degree of analog noise modeling can be selected between 'none' and 'extreme'
- The degree of analog drift can be selected between 'light' and 'extreme'
- Added a smart microtuning algorithm. 'Fat tune' delivers more harmonic and transparent chords.
- The degree of analog saturation can be selected between 'linear' and 'extreme'
- The degree of analog OSCs damping can be selected between 'light damp' and 'heavy'
- An analog sounding default patch can be initialized with 'File->Init analog patch'
- A digital sounding default patch can be initialized with 'File->Init digital patch'
- Modwheel and pitchwheel are auto-assigned on patch initialisation
- The OSCs and filters can emulate the noise created by analog circuits
- The OSCs can emulate the saturation of analog amplifliers
- The voices and filters can emulate drift and voice detuning
- Replaced oscillators with more 'analog' sounding ones
- Boost mode sounds more 'analog' and smooth
- Replaced Reverb with a better sounding algorithm
- More accurate high frequencies of 'Delay' and 'PingPong' effect
- More 'analog' behaviour of 'drift'
Enhanced GUI & interface:
- Information about the current patch is shown in 'info' tab of the patch browser
- Rendering with ambient occlusion for a more realistic look
- More comfortable saving of patches on PC
- LCD displays have more contrast and are more easy to read
- Keyboard is now animated
- Added mouseover support: Parameter values are displayed when mouse is hovered over them
- Mousewheel support (if host supports it)
- Mac version now also supports waveform selection by clicking on diodes
- Better host compatibility
- More robustness
- More comfortable installer