What is NanoHost?
NanoHost is not a synthesizer. It is a free, minimalist host application for Windows that can load VST-synths. Furthermore, it can act as a wrapper which converts VST-synthesizers into standalone applications.
This essential, tiny tool works best for live-performance, sound-design, jam-sessions and testing.
What is so special about NanoHost and why should i use it?
- It is free, requires no registration and you are allowed to share it with your friends!
- It requires no installation. You can run it directly from a USB-stick or CD.
- There is no plugin-scanning required since a plugin can be loaded directly - no matter where it is located on the hard-disc.
- Because of low-level code-optimization it offers highest performance and can operate with lower latency than conventional hosts.
- The GUI refreshes with an extremely high frame-rate (120 Hz). That's why you will experience smoother animations and graphics than with other hosts.
- NanoHost itself requires nearly no space on the screen. As a result there is more space available for the interface of the VST-plugins.
- The software is very small. It requires (nearly) no hard-disc space and is loading extremely fast.
- Unlike conventional hosts the soundcard settings can be configured individually for every single plugin. This allows you to achieve the best possible performance for your VSTs.
- NanoHost is very easy to use and offers context-sensitive help.
- It can convert a VST-synth into a standalone-application. You just need to rename NanoHost.exe to the name of the plugin.dll and copy it to the same directory. When you start plugin.exe, the VST-synth is wrapped and loaded automatically.
- The output of a plugin can be recorded to a wav-file in high quality.
- NanoHost can create random patches.
- It offers a soft-clipping algorithm with low distortion and tube-sound.
- Scrollbars allow you to work also with plugins larger than your screen resolution. It is possible to display also only a part of the plugin's interface.
- Midi-notes can be transposed and Midi-channels can be filtered. There are several Midi-velocity curves available.
- Your current sound-bank can be stored and loaded automatically.
- It is also compatible with very old 32-bit plugins.
- It does work also with older computers.
- Supported operating systems: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 (32 bit or 64 bit), Linux with Wine
- Supported plugin formats: VST 2.x (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Supported soundcard-drivers: ASIO, MME, Direct Sound
- Supported samplerates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88 kHz, 96 kHz, 176 kHz, 192 kHz
- Supported patch formats: *.fxp and *.fxb
- Supported format for recordings: 32-bit WAV in stereo